Clinical Pharmacology Quality Assurance
The Clinical Pharmacology Quality Assurance (CPQA) program is a global cross-network program that develops and conducts quality assurance activities in support of HIV translational research and clinical trial networks. CPQA works with laboratories participating in HIV clinical trials to improve the quality of pharmacology data, increase awareness of the importance of pharmacology at clinical sites, and provide a mechanism for ensuring the quality of pharmacology data in HIV clinical trials.
What CPQA Does
- Provides assay quality review for CPQA participating laboratories (CPLs)
- Conducts antiretroviral proficiency testing for domestic and international CPLs
- Assists and train CPL staff in assay development, validation, and implementation
- Provides training to clinical trial personnel in quality conduct for pharmacology studies
- Publishes and disseminates results to improve the quality of pharmacology measurements made in clinical trials